The Advocacy Action Center is designed to increase business involvement in issues influencing our region's growth. The Action Center allows you the opportunity to engage electronically on issues that matter to you. The Chamber needs the input of Quad Cities area businesses in order to drive an advocacy agenda that will improve the business climate and advance our regional priorities. Members may make their voices heard on key issues through surveys, petitions and more.
Within the Action Center, members have the opportunity to sign up for the following advocacy groups:
- Economic Development group focuses on issues relating to economic growth, such as TIF and tax credits.
- Defense and Rock Island Arsenal group is dedicated to issues concerning the Arsenal and the defense sector.
- Education and Workforce Development group focuses on topics related to PreK-12, community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities (public and private) and the talent pipeline.
- Business Competitiveness and Taxation group focuses on core business issues affecting day-to-day operations including taxation, such as sales and property taxes.
- Transportation and Infrastructure group focuses on vertical and horizontal projects involving our region's infrastructure and transportation.
- Placemaking group focuses on topics that improve quality of place and life within the Quad Cities region. This includes our downtowns and key corridors.
- Healthcare group focuses on issues pertaining to our healthcare system.